Working with vApps
This chapter provides information about what you can do with a vApp.
Move or Copy a vApp to another DDC
2) From the drop down menu, select the DDC you want to move the vApp to.
3) For each VM you can choose a storage pool available in the selected DDC.
4) In case of the action Copy to… the steps are the same as the ones of the action Move to… except for the name for the vApp copy which you have to enter. Furthermore, the vApp does not need to be powered off.
You can store your vApp as a template, by moving it to your organizations catalog.
1) Right-click on your vApp (also possible with powered-on vApps) and select Add to Catalog… from the context menu.
2) Select the catalog to store your vApp template to.
3) Define a name for your template and set a lease time if needed.
Restricting access to a vApp
Once you have created a new user in the Customer Center and assigned the user a role (see Extranet Administration), you can continue with configuration in the vCloud Director as follows:
1) Select Add members…. A new window opens.
2) Select Add members…. A new window opens.
3) Select the Specific users and groups option.
4) Add the previously created user by selecting him/her from the list and clicking the Add button.
5) Use the dropdown menu to define the access level for these users. Then confirm your settings by clicking on OK.
Create, Revert and Remove a Snapshot
A new feature in vCloud Director version 5.1 allows you to create one single snapshot of every VM running in your DDCs, as well as one of your vApps.
Create a Snapshot of a VM or vApp
1.1) In the vApp diagram click on the wheel and select Create Snapshot from the context menu.
1.2) In the vApp diagram mark and right-click the VM and select Properties from the context menu.
2) Uncheck the options if you don’t want them.
3) To start the process click the OK button.
NOTE: You can take a snapshot of a single VM or a whole vApp either in running mode or in stopped state.
Revert to a snapshot
1.1) In the vApp Diagram click on and select Revert to Snapshot from the context menu.
1.2) In the vApp Diagram mark and right-click the VM and select Revert to Snapshot from the context menu.
2) To start the process click the Yes button.
The first dialogue window is shown if you perform Revert to Snapshot on a vApp, the second one is shown as you do so on a single VM.
Remove a snapshot
1.1) In the vApp Diagram click on and select Remove Snapshot from the context menu.
1.2) In the vApp Diagram mark and right-click on the VM and select Remove Snapshot from the context menu.
2) To start the process click the YES button
The first dialog window is displayed if you apply Remove Snapshot to a vApp, the second one is shown if you apply Remove Snapshot to a single VM.